seat removal...

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: seat removal...
From: "Bruce A. Krobusek" <74106.1335@compuserve.com>
Date: 22 Mar 96 13:54:34 EST
>I vaguely remember someone having problems when they removed the seat
>rails from the floorpans of their TR6 - I think the bolts dropped into the
>chassis.

I'm not sure how that would have happened. If I remember correctly the bolt
heads are above the seat rails inside the car. They bolt into nuts that are
welded (?) to the frame. If the welds have broken then that's another thing
entirely!  :-)  One of the nuts for my passenger had slightly boogered threads,
but they cleaned up nicely with a 3/8" (?) fine thread tap.

     - BAK -

      Bruce A. Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com