Re: 4 Trade - Spit Top

To: "Ross Vincente -- TransAmer. Financial - Los Angeles" <rvince00@counsel.com>
Subject: Re: 4 Trade - Spit Top
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 1996 09:31:37 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Mon, 18 Mar 1996, Ross Vincente -- TransAmer. Financial - Los Angeles wrote:

> I am interested in
> the description of how the rear panel comes off for storage of the
> top....

> From
> the sound of your earlier e-mail, I get the impression that once
> you fold the sticks and you end up with a bulky "U" shaped
> package, you then remove the panel and the top is inserted with
> the points(?) of the "U" facing the rear(?) of the car, snug up
> against the gas tank?

Close. Actually, it is the folded top that is stowed behind the rear
panel, which fastens by means of two slotted-head Dzus fasteners at the
top of the panel. The hoodsticks go in the trunk, with "points of the
'U'" facing forward.

If you wish, send me a SASE and I'll photocopy pertinent pages out of
the original Spitfire 4 Owner's Manual.

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *