Spit. Clutch

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spit. Clutch
From: rvince00@counsel.com (Ross Vincente -- TransAmer. Financial - Los Angeles )
Date: Mon, 18 Mar 96 12:16:48 EST

 To:    Triumphs List,          Inet

I need some advice (again).

My 64 Spitfire 4 has the old style 6.25" clutch with the coil
springs.  I would like to upgrade it when I do the rebuild to the
Mk II style 6.5" clutch with the diaphram style springs.  1)  Is
it a true bolt-in fit?  2) I believe the spline shaft has 10 teeth
vs. 20(?) on the later Spit. output shafts.  Isthis a problem or
do the Mk II & III  Spits have the same no. of teeth? 3) If it
fits, will I need to use a Mk II/III throwout bearing?  4)  If it
fits, will I need to make some type of adjustment to the clutch
slave cylinder or master cylinder to assure that it releases
properly?

Thanks in advance.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4 (undergoing surgery)