Re: Goodyear Red Bands [was Re: Triumph research ...]

To: max.vet@tip.nl, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Goodyear Red Bands [was Re: Triumph research ...]
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 22:50:42 -0500
The Michelin X steel radial tires provided by the Triumph works at Coventry
in 1964 did not have any red or white markings on the sides.  These tires
were an option which could be ordered in 1964.  They cost an extra $100 US
for the set of 5 (this was factory price).  I later replaced them (after 55K
miles) from a regular tire dealer in New York for about $150 for all five.
(150 bucks was a considerable sum then).  When I replaced them it was
possible to buy Michelin X's either "blackwall" or "whitewall" (difference in
price was negligible).
Art Kelly '64TR4 CT33118L ( Original Owner)