RE: Herald questions

To: matthews@apple.com
Subject: RE: Herald questions
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 1996 12:16:54 -0700 (MST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM
> 1. Does anyone else out there have one of these cars?

I just _know_ Andy's not going to be able to resist this one!

> 2. Mine is the saloon model, I've removed the hard top and am now
> looking for a convertible frame or fiberglass top. Any leads?

Pardon me for not minding my own business, but:

Stop!  Hold it right there!  Go no further!

Saloons are much scarcer in the U.S. than convertibles.  Your car
has a lot of intrinsic interest for American Triumph nuts exactly
as it is.  If you want a Herald convertible, may I be so bold as
to suggest you find some raving lunatic who has too many already
(and you all know who I mean) and offer to swap for one.  Or
offer it up for sale and buy a (fairly available) convertible
with the proceeds.

Converting to a proper convertible will be an arduous job,  full
of fabrication.  In fact, to do it right you'll have to get some
body tub components (better yet, the whole tub) from a yard.  I
seriously suggest it would be easier (and may I say, kinder to
this rarity) to just go out and buy a decent convertible in the
first place.   I'm tempted to make you an offer for it myself,
where are you located?

Good Luck!
- Dan Parslow
'65 Some kind of wacky Herald Convertible with dual headlamps and
a six-banger.  Musta been a factory prank.