Re: Wanted: Halda tr

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Wanted: Halda tr
From: rvince00@counsel.com (Ross Vincente -- TransAmer. Financial - Los Angeles )
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 96 13:23:01 EST

 To:    Triumphs List,          Inet

On Tue, 12 Mar 1996, Paul Thompson wrote:

> I'm looking for a Halda tripmaster or twinmaster for my TR4. I
> have  heard that prices tend to be different on a country by  >
country basis, so  I would be interested if you know the  >
current prices outside the UK.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Wow!  That's a tough pull.  Back in the late 70s I did a lot of
rallys with some of my old high school buddies in Southern Calif.
and I remember being green with envy over the guys with the
Tripmasters and Twinmasters.  I recall a beautiful Series II
Jaguar XKE which ran in most of our club events that had a full
complement of Halda equiment, stopwatches, map lights, course
instruction scroller, etc. mounted in the cockpit  --  there was
barely enough room for the passenger to fit his/her legs in there!
 It looked impressive as Hell, at least to another rallyist.

I seem to recall seeing an advertisement in one of my Hemmings
Motor News in the equipment section for a company that restores
and sells old rally equipment.  I have a stack of older Hemmings
in the garage and will check them tonight when I get home.  If I
find the ad, I will forward to you via e-mail.

Best of luck to you.  Rallys are terrific fun and I miss them out
here in Southern Calif.  I don't even recall what happened to my
old club.  I suppose I could look it up.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4 (undergoing surgery -- still)