Re: TR3's

To: BThorsen@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR3's
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 96 12:20:11 MST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

SNIP
>I read, with fascination, all of the threads dealing with repair, etc. for
>TR6's but find very few "help" statements about TR3's.
>
>Have they all been "fixed" to the point of eternal functioning without
>problems?  Are TR3 owners going somewhere else?
SNIP

Best I or anyone else can tell you is that TR3s and 4s are fewer in
numbers maily.
 I think that reliability plays a big factor with the popularity of 3s
and 4s. They are somewhat more temperamental than TR6s and later issues.
 Parts are generally pretty  available and cost is not considerably
different than other parts.
 The is a 57 TR3 (red) and pretty nice restoration, available for sale here
(El Paso, Tx.).
 Not wanting to cause any hard feelings, but the observation I have made
is that most TR3s are over valued by their owners. Maybe it is just to me
since I am not a big fan of them (or any convertible).
 I say go with what you prefer and ignore what people like me have to say.
Best Regards,
Tony R.
"GT6s"
###