Re: floor pan replacement..

To: mood@rad.unc.edu
Subject: Re: floor pan replacement..
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 96 12:08:53 MST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>A friend of mine was telling me that when he replaces floor pans he
>usually tack welds them in place and then continuously welds them.  I
>would think this would make much harder to do the job the next time they
>need to be replaced.  What is the best way to weld them in assuming your
>using a MIG welder?  Also, when replacing floor panels do you need to brace
>the top of the doors?  Thanks.
>
>Jon Moody '73TR6

Jon,
 My preferred method, give all tools available would be to drill out
spots whether all the way through or with a spot drill. Tack into
position and seal with low heat and brass. Less distortion, if done
correctly, even less than mig welding.
 Hopefully you won't live long enoughto have to replace them again.
Best Regards,
Tony R.
"GT6s"
###