Re: Stromberg and TR6/GT6 engine

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Stromberg and TR6/GT6 engine
From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 96 12:23:36 EST
>Date: Sun, 03 Mar 1996 02:25:18
>To: triumphs@autox.team.net
>From: Jeff Nathanson <jeffn@msystech.com>
>Subject: Re: Stromberg and TR6/GT6 engine
>
>At 12:26 AM 3/3/96 -0600, you wrote:
>>I am going to start taking a closer look at my carbs on my TR6 engine in my
>>GT6 - but I just wondered if any of you could help me out on pin-pointing
>>what type of carb I actually have. I know it is probably a very novice
>>question - but it is my first experience with carbs, and I just want to do
>>it right.
>>
>>I know that they are Stromberg carb, and they have a little red sticker
>>saying something like 'emission control...' on them - so I assume that it is
>>the 150CDSE type which have a fixed jet. However, it has a 'weird' tag on it
>>tied to  one of the corner screws on each one of them, saying '34261' -
>>anybody has a clue on what this means?

All (at least those that I've dealt with) should have the original plate
referencing the type of carb on the auto. According to my Haynes manual on ZS's,
3426L (not 34261) was the left carb fitted on 71/72 GT6 (USA) models. It should
be a 150CDSE as your post indicated.

There should be no harm in replacing the metering needle (except if the $20
(approx)
tag for each is harmful). Take care removing from air valve. Don't use excessive
force.

Jeff C. Nathanson
Director of Product Development
Manufacturing Systems & Technologies, Inc.