Re: Stromberg and TR6/GT6 engine

To: milton.mai@mail.utexas.edu
Subject: Re: Stromberg and TR6/GT6 engine
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 96 00:43:49 MST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>I know that they are Stromberg carb, and they have a little red sticker
>saying something like 'emission control...' on them - so I assume that it is
>the 150CDSE type which have a fixed jet. However, it has a 'weird' tag on it
>tied to  one of the corner screws on each one of them, saying '34261' -
>anybody has a clue on what this means?
>
>Will it be helpfulto order the Colortune to help me in my work?
>
>Thank you very much for all your input,
>
>Milton
>
>Milton Mai
>1970 GT6 Mk.2

Milton,
 The dash pot covers should have the series (150 or 175) cast into it.
 The CDSE is definitely an Emissions carb.
 The wierd little tag on the corner screw is for rebild kit designation.
 If the carbs are stock to  GT6, they should be 150, especially with the
statonary needle. The could however be a "bastardized" version of an
early 175, but I am inclined to go with the late 150CDSE.
 Anybody else got any thoughts based on information available????
Best Regards,
Tony R.
"GT6s"
###