Re: TR6 engine - and Stromberg

To: milton.mai@mail.utexas.edu
Subject: Re: TR6 engine - and Stromberg
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Tue, 5 Mar 96 11:11:11 MST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>I have received alot of help regarding what type of carb I have (150 vs.
>175) - now for the big question? IF it is 150's on my TR6 engine (in my GT6)
>- would I gain anything (alot) by going to 175's (it is an old TR6 engine
>with prefix CC)? How much should I expect to pay for a pair of 175's?
>
>Thanks alot,
>
>Milton
>
>1972 GT6 Mk.3 (with a TR6 engine)

Milton,
 The late Mark II and the Mark III should benefit from the 175CDSE..
 The early GT6 came with 150's, but in 1969, the head was upgraded to the
same head as used on the un-imported TR5.(the cam was also upgraded over
MarkI)
 Gt6 used engine nos. beginning with KC, 69-72 TR6 used CC and the
engines are virtually identical except for crank (longer stroke) and carbs.
 I have 175s on a built Mark i and after a little head work, it breaths
great and the difference is awe inspiring.
Best Regards,
Tony R.
"GT6s"