Re: French words

To: dan parslow <DJP@alpha.sunquest.com>
Subject: Re: French words
From: Demont <100304.2046@compuserve.com>
Date: 02 Mar 96 09:42:44 EST
Cc: Triumph list <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Dan, sorry for my " novel respelling of your last name".
Translation of some French words :

Grub screw : Vis
Tinworm : I think I have understood the meaning, but I don't found a French
equivalent.
Bodge : I think we call it *bricolage*. THE main problem with LBC's (especially
Spitfires), as they have never been expensive enough to receive good cares.
(that situation continues today). All of us are the "Dreaded Previous Owner",
like you said.
Wanker : I risk the translation *branleur*, (to french readers : HELP!), but we
don't really use this word in the automobile field in France.

Other asks for the French Connection welcome !
For two years I'm translating the book of Graham Robson (Spitfire & GT6), one
chapter (or half of a chapter) in each issue of our club's quaterly magazine.

Francois Demont, 100304.2046@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/spitfire
1968 Valencia Blue "not bodged" Spitfire MK3, every day car