New Virus Warning is a HOAX!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: New Virus Warning is a HOAX!
From: yellowbullet@novagate.com (Steve L. Toth)
Date: Sat, 2 Mar 1996 00:28:33 -0500 (EST)
For all;

   My younger Brother, Andrew has his Bachelor's in Electrical Engineering
and a Master's in Computer Science.  He's been in the Computer Engineering
field for nearly 10 years and is a very intelligent indvidual. (He's a
member of The Mensa Organization, for people with IQs over 160...so I got
the looks!)  He sent me this message after I forwarded that Virus message
to him.

>Steve,
>
>I won't get into all the reasons, but believe me, the only virus involved
>here is the fact that everyone is spreading this message.  There is no
>"Good Times" virus.  What we have here is a hoax that plays upon the
>fears of those who are not well informed.
>
>For starters, this virus would have to be able to run on EVERY machine on
>which the email message is read.  In other words, since a virus is in
>fact a program, "Good Times" would be a program which can run on every
>machine regardless of operating system or hardware.  Have you ever tried
>to run a PC program on a Mac?  Doesn't work, does it?  Anyway, that's
>just one major reason why this could never happen.  There are plenty
>more.  So rest assured you are not infected with "Good Times".  (Of
>course, there are others out there!)  ;-)
>
>Laytr,
>ajt

   He also stated that this "Good Times" hoax has been spreading around for
over four months.  I trust my "little" Brother's judgement and would say to
all that
you may rest asured no worry is necessary.

   Just FYI everyone.

   On the other hand...he does own a 1970 Porsche 914....that's scarey!

   We really kid each other alot about our "play" vehicles of choice.