Re: Triumph newsgroup needed?

To: Carlos Robinson <carlos@ep-enet58.ucsf.EDU>
Subject: Re: Triumph newsgroup needed?
From: Killjoy <killjoy@norden1.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Mar 1996 10:16:26 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Carlos Robinson wrote:

> Ok, I'm ready for votes for a newsgroup for Triumphs.  We could
> call it rec.autos.triumphs or something similar.
>
> Any thoughts on this?

You're welcome to try to form a newsgroup, and I'll wish you the best of
luck, but I prefer the mail format.  If you do, make it inclusive at
first, as in "rec.auto.british" so that you can break it down later
into "rec.auto.british.triumph", and gain traffic of other brit car
lovers until the day it needs breaking down.

But by having a mailing list, we don't have to put up with cross
posting, make money fast schemes, join my MLM letters, and just plain
SPAM (tm).  We also don't have to connect to a slow remote site to get
messages one at a time, and stay online for the whole time it takes to
read and reply to them.

I prefer mail because it's over 90% on topic, the stuff off topic isn't
annoying, and I can grab it all at once and read it later.  Also, if I
miss a day or two, I don't have to worry about missing messages as they
expire off the newsgroup server after a day or two.

Michael Turley