Re: New TR-6 and or MGB invoice price

To: CMaster808@aol.com
Subject: Re: New TR-6 and or MGB invoice price
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 96 21:44:15 MST
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>First off Tony, I'm using your address because I have posted this
>allready and don't seem to be getting it out. Junk in junk out~~
>
>I've never seen this as a subject matter and could probaly start
>another long winded string. Sorry if it becomes one of those
>
>I've pretty much assumnd that my 72 B was around 2600 new but
>I may be way off.  I've never even guessed at the price of my 72 TR-6
>people are allways asking and I just say most likely about what the
>B was. Maybe a little more, because of the o\d opption .
>
>So was anybody around in 72 and noticed the prices?  I was away in the
>Army at that time, suffering in Hawaii, with only a sportster HD to drive
>
>                                             Chet

Chet,
 I can't really recall what prices were like in 72 for lbc's.
 The first Brit I ever drove was a new65 Spitfire, of course it was red
and had the hard top.
 I drove it at a Dealership new, I didn't like it at all. But I have to
recall that I drove a 32 Ford pick-up with a 327  to the Dealership. I
just wanted to test drive a Spitfire. The one I drove listed for $3099.
an outrageous sum at the time for the type of car, or at least I thought
it was.
 Feel free to use my address to get your messages out anytime you need to.
Best Regards,
Tony R.
"GT6s"
###