Mk III Spitfire Timing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Mk III Spitfire Timing
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 1995 22:06:42 -0400 (EDT)
The data plate on her Spitfire suggests 2 ATDC for dynamic timing.  Are
they serious?  The B is more like 11 BTDC (note Before, not After).

The only thing wrong with the way the car runs at 10 or so BTDC is
starting.  No pinging or anything on 93 octane.  But would it be better
the book way?

There's only a single pointer reference, and a dimple in the harmonic
balancer.  I'm guessing at the 10 BTDC setting.

Thanks for your help!

John M. Trindle | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle
"I believe in computer dating, but only if the
computers are truly in love. - Groucho Marx"