Re: Mk III Spitfire Timing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Mk III Spitfire Timing
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 1995 10:43:48 -0400 (EDT)
Well, the Haynes manual agrees with 2 degrees static BTDC and 6 degrees
dynamic BTDC.  (you said static was BTDC and dynamic ATDC).

This has the distinct advantage of both making sense and running OK.

Anyway, the silly thing is running fine now.  I did a compression check
and the cylinders came out even!  woo..  I must have had a head gasket
problem.

Before:  175-95-65-175
After:   155-165-165-165
(different head, new valve guides, springs, seats, head gasket)

Maybe more after I retorque the head...

John M. Trindle | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle
"Sometimes there's not enough rocks - Forrest Gump"