Re: Spitfire Wiring

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Wiring
From: "Chris Boston" <cboston@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 10:10:00 +0000
On Sep 26,  7:21pm, David Brock wrote:
> Subject: Spitfire Wiring
> Okay friends, I've looked, and am coming up empty.  If you didn't hear, last
> week, I burnt up my main wiring harness.
> The victim is Beverly, my 1973 Spitfire (FM3812U).
>
> I called Moss and TRF, and found that the replacement part has been
> discontinued.

Hi David,

I don't know if this will be of any use but...Moss UK are currently advertising
complete wiring harnesses, also Rimmers (UK again - but they are on the net.
 http://taz.ecs.soton.ac.uk/rory/rimmer/rimmer.htm - they have a complete
on-line catalogue - cool!)

Failing that, I often see adverts from breakers in the monthly mags. so keep
your eyes pealed.

One final word of warning...Unless you really have no choice, DON'T DO IT.
 replacing a wiring harness is a real pig of a job.  it will probably be easier
to fix the localised problem areas (although not as pretty).

my 2p.

Chris.
       1977 - Spitfire 1500 with Overdrive.

--
--
-- "What is the use ", asked Alice, "Of a book with no pictures?"