Re: Importing Cars from England<9509261401.aa10324@justice.usdoj.gov>

To: "Steven Semeraro, ATR, (202) 514-8374" <semerasx@justice.usdoj.gov>
Subject: Re: Importing Cars from England<9509261401.aa10324@justice.usdoj.gov>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 1995 09:52:15 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>I am thinking of importing a 1968 model year car from England,
>and I am hoping that others with some knowledge or experience
>about the process would be willing to share it with me.  I'm
>particularly interested in shipping options, cost, insurance, and
>any government regulatory issues.  Does a '68 have to meet any
>sort of environmental standards?  Any information would be
>greatly appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

>Steve Semeraro

Just a quick question, why would anyone who has the pick of virtually rust free
cars(I know they aren't ALL rust free, but you get my point) wish to import a
rusty old shed from England at what are usually exorbitant(sp) prices?

Richard - Who drives one of the said rusty old sheds - Jackson(English Wet
weather version).