Re: tr6 alignment

To: "ted barnes" <tbarnes@EBICOM.net>, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tr6 alignment
From: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 1995 07:03:05 -0400 "tr6 alignment" (Sep 19, 7:37pm)
> Subject: tr6 alignment
> hoping for some words of wisdom from someone --tr6 cc28712 jan1,69
> left front wheel camber neg 1.9 degree,right front neg 1.75 degree
> left rear wheel camber neg 3 degree, right rear neg 1.9 degree
> measured tonight, think pretty close, negative being a tilt toward
> inside of car at top of wheel
>
> car steers to the left enough to be a nuisance, just paid big bucks
> for 4 wheel alignment(toe adjustments only) and it didn't help one
> bit-- can the above camber numbers be a problem
> ted barnes             home:tbarnes@ebicom.net
> 69 TR6                 columbus, mississippi
> 73 MGBGT               home phone 601/328-4688
>
> 73 MGB(in progress)    occasionally try
>                        tlb1@ahs.aberdeen.k12.ms.us
>-- End of excerpt from ted barnes

It is remotely possible that the rear camber is part of the problem,
but, my Spit has a more negative camber than this and goes straight
down the road. (Both front and rear).

Have you checked some of the more mundane possibilites? Are the tire
pressures the same between right and left? Is the left front brake
dragging or is the right front not working? Is the car actually
pulling to the left or does the wheel not line up correctly when
you are going straight?

It is also possible that the shop didn't do a very good job of
adjusting the toe.

Doug Mitchell