Re: tr6 alignment

To: ted barnes <tbarnes@EBICOM.net>
Subject: Re: tr6 alignment
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 1995 11:02:41 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 19 Sep 1995, ted barnes wrote:

> hoping for some words of wisdom from someone --tr6 cc28712 jan1,69
> left front wheel camber neg 1.9 degree,right front neg 1.75 degree
> left rear wheel camber neg 3 degree, right rear neg 1.9 degree
> measured tonight, think pretty close, negative being a tilt toward
> inside of car at top of wheel
>
> car steers to the left enough to be a nuisance, just paid big bucks
> for 4 wheel alignment(toe adjustments only) and it didn't help one
> bit-- can the above camber numbers be a problem
> ted barnes             home:tbarnes@ebicom.net
> 69 TR6                 columbus, mississippi
> 73 MGBGT               home phone 601/328-4688
>
> 73 MGB(in progress)    occasionally try
>                        tlb1@ahs.aberdeen.k12.ms.us

To answer your last question, yes it is a problem. The front is especially
alarming, as I'm not sure there is any range to take that out. Spec. is
1/4 deg. neg.+/- 1/2 deg. Look for a lot of spacers on the frame where the
lower control arms bolt to the frame. If there are none, it sounds as if
1) you should ask for your money back, and 2) the frame is tweaked or
sagging inward at the top of the spring perches. All this assumes the
bushing, ball joints, etc. are in order.
Phil Barnes '71 TR-6 CC61193  feeling better, thanks