Re: TRF has parts

To: S1500@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TRF has parts
From: "Doug Mitchell" <dmitchel@ford.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 1995 06:56:53 -0400 "TRF has parts" (Sep 19, 5:09pm)
> Subject: TRF has parts
>
> Hello Worldly Scions,
>
> A while back I wrote to this list about problems I had trying to obtain
> some clutch repair kits (M/C & S/C).  TRF was out of stock with no
> idea when they might have some.  VB sent me some 'inferior parts'
> but they did take them back with relatively little hassle.
>
> I am pleased to report that TRF now has these in stock and will ship
> them "in a day or two".  I didn't ask them, but I assume these are
> genuine Girling.
>
> Things are looking up.
>
> Bob Sykes
> 75, 78, 78 Spitfires
>-- End of excerpt from S1500@aol.com

This is not intended as a flame of TRF, Moss or VB, but, if you are
buying a rebuild kit for the slave cylinder, be aware that the retaining
ring _does not_ come with it. I happened to ask that question earlier
this year when my slave cylinder needed to be rebuilt. I ended up by
buying a new slave cylinder. The master cylinder kit does include all
the necessary parts.

Doug Mitchell