Put grease in new balljoints?

Subject: Put grease in new balljoints?
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 18:19:14 -0400 (EDT)
  At the risk of admitting my ignorance, when you install new balljoints in
the front suspension (of a Spit 1500, if it matters), are you supposed to
put grease into the balljoint?  I didn't, I just stuck the balljoints on the
car as they came out of box, and I'm starting to think that wasn't a good
idea, even though the manuals don't mention anything about greasing them.

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation
                                        '74 MGB, '76 Spit