Re: Misc. GT6 questions

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net"@tin
Subject: Re: Misc. GT6 questions
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 1995 13:23:02 -0500

>I'm a relatively new subscriber to the Triumph list and based on what
>I've read to date, I sure someone out there can help.
>
>1st...Does anyone have any opinion on the "major trim kit" (weatherstripping)
>that VB carries for
>~ $150.00 ?  Do the door and rear quarter window parts fit well ?  Are there
>any other sources with
>better quality and/or prices ?

I have an opinion. I bought this kit for my GT6 and I still regret it. The door
seals are almost impossible to install, then they come off too easily. The rear
hatch seal and quarterlight seals are too fat. The worst, though, are the door
waist seals. They are pure crap. Little simply floppy pieces of rubber that kind
of have the shape of a waist seal. Fun to install, as soft and floppy as they
are! You know why the price is so good? The stuff is crap!

I just bought new waist seals from TRF, and they are much more like what I
expect - good solid rubber, will be easy to install. I recommend paying more
money and getting the stuff from TRF. Of course, I had to wait several weeks for
my TRF door seals, since they were backordered...

Don't get me wrong - some stuff I will buy from VB, but you never know about the
quality until you get it.

>Bruce Hedin
>71 GT6

Larry
lesnyd@monsanto.com

Oh - sorry about posting this to the whole list, but my good old VMS mailer
doesn't include all that trivial information, like who the sender really was...