Misc. GT6 questions

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Misc. GT6 questions
From: bruceh@cellerity.com
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 95 12:54:44 EDT
I'm a relatively new subscriber to the Triumph list and based on what I've read
to date, I sure
someone out there can help.

1st...Does anyone have any opinion on the "major trim kit" (weatherstripping)
that VB carries for
~ $150.00 ?  Do the door and rear quarter window parts fit well ?  Are there
any other sources with
better quality and/or prices ?

2nd...I believe I read somewhere (long ago) that a limited slip dif exists
which would fit a GT6.
How rare are these and how much $$$ do they typically go for ?  Is it worth it
for autocrossing ?

3rd...I am currently rebuilding both carbs (CD150's) and need to replace the
throttle shaft seals.
Are there any tricks to getting the old ones out and putting the new ones in ?
Any opinions on who
has the best quality/price for the new ones ?

4th...I have the Bentley manual for the GT6 which details the retrofitting of a
brake servo.  Are
these difficult to find and rebuild ?  Based on what I've read in the Haynes
manual, the rebuilding
doesn't look to difficult although I noticed the kit is somewhat expensive.

5th and last...I noticed recently a posting regarding a supplier (in England)
of folding canvas
(Webasto) sunroofs.  Has anyone ever installed one of these ?  How difficult is
it and how does the
headliner get trimmed on the inside ?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Bruce Hedin