Re: TR6 Turn Indicator

To: bkerr@primenet.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Turn Indicator
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 95 01:41:30 MDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, Cc:@rgfn.epcc.Edu

>A couple of weeks ago, the left turn indicator on my '76 Six stopped
>flashing; the front light was on and the back light off without flashing.
>The right indicator worked fine.  Today I finally got around to fixing the
>problem.  I assumed that it was just a blown bulb in the left rear
>indicator.  Silly me! I have a Lucas electrical system (which is part of the
>fun of having this car I keep telling myself).  Suffice it to say that I
>changed the bulb to no effect.  Perhaps the impedance of the front bulb had
>cahnged causing the flasher to malfunction.  So I cahnged that bulb.  No
>effect!  I ended up with the brute force solution, that is changing all four
>bulbs AND the flasher, all to no avail!  This is getting really frustrating.
>Perhaps a grounding problem somewhere.  Ohhh Noooo.  Can anyone on this list
>give me some pointers to what I should try next; I'm really at a loss.  BTW
>the battery seems OK and the voltmeter indicates its usual 14v or so.
>BobK

Bob,

Had the same problem with TR4. Had to push contact wires through bulb
housing from the back. Cleaned housing well with a .38 caliber gun
cleaning wire brush chucked into electric drill. Had to cut and reconnect
two leads to replace two springs which hold tension against back of
bulbs. This may not be the exact cure for your TR6, but it is someplace to
start. Good luck
Tony R.
69GT6
68GT6