TR6 Turn Indicator

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 Turn Indicator
From: bkerr@primenet.com (Robert B. Kerr)
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 1995 22:51:06 -0700
A couple of weeks ago, the left turn indicator on my '76 Six stopped
flashing; the front light was on and the back light off without flashing.
The right indicator worked fine.  Today I finally got around to fixing the
problem.  I assumed that it was just a blown bulb in the left rear
indicator.  Silly me! I have a Lucas electrical system (which is part of the
fun of having this car I keep telling myself).  Suffice it to say that I
changed the bulb to no effect.  Perhaps the impedance of the front bulb had
cahnged causing the flasher to malfunction.  So I cahnged that bulb.  No
effect!  I ended up with the brute force solution, that is changing all four
bulbs AND the flasher, all to no avail!  This is getting really frustrating.
Perhaps a grounding problem somewhere.  Ohhh Noooo.  Can anyone on this list
give me some pointers to what I should try next; I'm really at a loss.  BTW
the battery seems OK and the voltmeter indicates its usual 14v or so.
BobK