Re: Vitesse

To: AMACE@unix2.nysed.gov
Subject: Re: Vitesse
From: Lennart.Broekhof@Holland.Sun.COM (Lennart Broekhof)
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 1995 16:51:10 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi,

Thanks for your reply !

>Technically, there was no Mk.II available in the U.S. We got, from
>1962-64, the original 1600cc. Vitesse, badged as the Sports 6. Some later
>ones might have come in through, say, Canada.

I better buy a Vitesse MK2 here in Holland then, it costs about
$5000,00 in a acceptable condition, the steering-wheel will be
at the wrong site though.
But i can change that in one day.
Triumph didn't builde much MK2's and i don't know much about the
convertibles because they aren't that wanted here in Holland.
(Not yet)

>> (Are there Triumph 2500 PI/TC's in the states ?)

>Not officially, no. Triumph sadly chose to focus on the sports car line
>after safety and emissions standards started to take effect with the 1968
>model year.

If you or someone else wants more info about the (non-)sports car line,
i would be happy to provide it.
I also have a lot of photographs off alsmost all Triumphs.
(Also the BBC-special of the Herald on VHS cassette, but it's PAL/SECAM)

About parts, i don't know how availability is in the States.
Here we can buy almost all the parts & books needed and some parts are
also new available. (Lots of new parts for the Spifire Mk III, IV and 1500)
So if someone needs a part that is hard to get in the US, please feel
free to write me.

Regards,

Lennart