Rust Rocket hits the marketplace, yet again

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Rust Rocket hits the marketplace, yet again
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 03:35:02 -0700
For those of you who just saw this on the Brit car list, my apologies.  I do
think there are a number of folks here who are not on that long-winded list.

Things are shaping up such that I may be in the Palo Alto area to pick up
another Triumph soon.  Hmmm, a quick perusal of the calendar and the Utah
region SCCA schedule seems to indicate the weekend of March 18/19 might be
the one.

One scenario has me driving my truck out there, with an empty trailer rattling
along all the way from Salt Lake to San Francisco.  It would be nice to make
use of that leg of the trip and take a car with me.  So, anyone along the way,
or not too far off the path interested in buying a '65 TR4?  Here's what I had
to say about the car in the flyer I sort of distributed at the '94 VTR meet:

   1965 TR4 -

   I named this car The Rust Rocket.  No longer a rocket, as it too has
   no engine or gearbox, I could throw one in if I had to.  It is still
   quite rusty, though.  This was my first successful racer, and I've
   been keeping it around with the idea of making it into a vintage racer
   any day now.  It was a good car then, it could become a good car once
   again.  Way cheap with no running gear, and only a little bit more
   with some random TR gearbox and enough parts to put in one place to
   make what looks like a TR motor.  I'll even throw in the header and
   the ugly 7" steel wheels.  I would love to see this car race once
   again.

Tell you what.  I'll put some TR gearbox, various engine bits, and whatever
parts I think go with the car into the deal, and offer it for, oh, $600.
Or I'll keep the motor stuff and gearbox, and you scour your local wrecking
yards for a decent V8.

Or would you rather have a fairly nice '77 Spitfire, minus gearbox and
engine?  If interested, let me, mjb@autox.team.net, know fairly soon.

mjb.