Brrrrr & Spitfire Final Drive

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Brrrrr & Spitfire Final Drive
From: jbriggs@earth.execpc.com (John Briggs)
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 1995 15:45:29 -0600
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Wow.  What service.  I ordered the axle stub bearings, etc. from TRF Tuesday
afternoon and they arrived via regular UPS at 11:30 this morning!  Not bad
for delivery to a Milwaukee suburb.

There's just one problem.  It's CCCCCOOOOOLLLLLDDDDD!  Gosh, it's all the
way up to 35 degrees out back.  Uh oh. The sun is hitting the back of the
thermometer. :-(  Dang.  At least it's supposed to be a _little_ warmer
tomorrow.  Time to dig the winter overalls and long johns out and crank up
the garage heater.

I hope to get back to it tomorrow (Sat.) afternoon.  Gotta go learn some
more about AutoCad in the morning.  Maybe I'll learn how to "draw" ;-) the
bearings off and back on the shafts.  (Oh boy is that weak.)

I'll post how it goes.  Nobody pointed out any major problems, so I don't
think it will be too bad.  Famous last words, right?  The bearings are
pretty small (2" OD) so it shouldn't take too much to whip up a puller (to
"draw" them off with - get it?) Ok, I'll stop.

Later...

John Briggs                           jbriggs@execpc.com
New Berlin, WI                        http://www.execpc.com/~jbriggs
'67 Bridgestone
'68 Beetle Rag
'73 Spitfire  Chassis # FM500U (Oct. '72), Engine # FM195U
'78 Honda Twinstar
'88 XR4Ti