TR4/TR3A Seats

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4/TR3A Seats
From: Price D <DP5@MM-CROY.mottmac.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 95 12:04:42
I  have a early TR4 (1962) which I am in the latter stages of restoring
and I am at the stage where I am considering the rebuilding of the seats.

The car did not have any seats with it when I bought it so I looked for
some either from another early 4 like mine or a 3A as they are supposed
to be externally the same, I was lucky and picked up what I thought were
3A seats.

I think that the seats I have are actually 4 seats and not 3A seats, the
reason for this is that they have a recess in the base under the cushion,
 presumably to accommodate a deeper spring?   The Cox and Buckles (Moss)
catalogue shows the 3A seats as having a flat base and the 4 seats as
having the recess and I note that the order numbers for the springs in
the seats are not the same but the external covers are.

So what have I got 4 or 3A seats could all you 4 and 3A owners out there
put your heads under the cushions and get back to me.

Are there any other ways of telling them apart?

Thanks in advance

Dale Price

1962 TR4