Re: Cockpit heat

To: Steve Sage <rootes@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Cockpit heat
From: Tom Hall <modtiger@engravers.com>
Date: Wed, 13 May 1998 18:21:24 -0700
At 03:31 PM 5/13/98 -0700, you wrote:
>I had the same problem with my Series V Alpine. I even bought a heater valve
>for a Honda Civic that is configured almost the same. Unfortunately, for some
>weird reason, it had a provision to purposely let some water through even
when
>closed! Reverting back to my original valve, I found that the cable from the
>on/off control to the valve was not adjusted properly. Tightening it up,
in the
>closed position, solved the problem and now, when "OFF" I get cool air
through
>the vent.
>
>My question is, I can't figure out how to adjust the vent "flap" in the
>passenger compartment so that when closed, with the other lever, no air
passes
>through. No matter what air, whether warm or cold, still comes through that
>vent even when "closed".
>
>Steve Sage

The "flap" is incomplete and not very functional without the felt "lips"
which perform the actual "seal" to the housing.  If these are missing, or
not in flexible condition, the air will bypass the control device.  When
properly adjusted, the sealing edges should touch the opposing walls at the
extremes of the control travel.

Tom