Re: Holes everywhere

To: geowiz@worldnet.att.net, tigers@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Holes everywhere
From: Cool VT <CoolVT@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 23:11:37 EDT
Jim,
  I believe most of these holes had plugs and grommets - mine does.  I
installed the insulation that you are considering.  I was purchased from J.C.
Whitney, I think.  Was installed foil side down.  I suspected this was the way
to go because any insulation that I've ever seen has the foil side facing  the
heated side.
  I spot glued it down using a spray adhesive.  You'll probably end up using a
lot of small pieces around the pedals and transmission hump, etc...  You'll
want to be sure that there's no rust in your floors or anything else you want
to get back at the floor for  because it's going to be a mess to get the stuff
off later.
  you have to be careful in removing the gas pedal bracket and dimmer switch
and I think there are some other things also.  It's hard to find the original
holes in the floor later to replace these items in their original positions.
You may go beneath the car and push a nail or something up through the holes
to find them.
  Anyway i believe the temperature around my feet has dropped by approximately
50-60 degrees.  It went from boiling hot most of the time to becoming a
complete non-issue.  I have a 1A and so have vents, but have completely
forgotten about hot feet because I never feel it any more.            Mark L.