Re: Distributor Choice part 1

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>, 'jdc6@Lehigh.EDU'
Subject: Re: Distributor Choice part 1
From: Ron Soave <soavero@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 16:30:45 -0700 (PDT)
--- "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
wrote:
...andwroteandwroteandwroteandwrote.

The intent of my original response was to slightly
bemoan that next year 1958 minis with large A-series
engines are OK, Bugeyes and 1962-63 Sprites are not.
VSCDA has given us warning and opportunity to comply.
I weighed my car this weekend, I will have it pumped
at Grattan (it is a .040 over 1275 for the one or two
that may care).  I ran my car the past 3 years as it
was allowed (not GCR compliant, but it was allowed).
The new motor was started before the current policy
was stated.  It is different than last years in that
it has 12:1 CR vs. last years' 11:1.  The head now has
legal sized 1275 valves (the one last year came with
1.46 rimflows out of the box), I believe the porting
is better.  This one also does not have cracks in the
block like last year's, so I shouldn't have to wire
brush pistons and valves after each race weekend.  The
broken rocker referred to was likely caused by
improper heat treat of the shaft (acknowledged by the
parts supplier).

That is all....

Ron