the Paul A curse

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <team-thicko@autox.team.net>
Subject: the Paul A curse
From: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 20:19:23 -0500
Well, I did a couple of things externally to my back up race motor, dropped
it back in with just starter & oil lines, etc.

The f'r will crank to well over 100 lbs oil pressure on the starter.

My machinist buddy (who also owns a 71 Midget, and old Jaguar, and a few
other things) came over.

We can't figure it out. So, I'll yank the motor, and we're bring it to his
shop where he's got a gizmo that pressures the block with oil & a gauge, and
see if we see anything obvious with the pan off, before I take it back
apart.

FYI. this was a collection of parts, never had been together in this form,
and put together fairly quickly. Crank was nitrided & polished, and bearings
plastigauged. Oil pump was out of my other race motor. had 1 session on it.
Tried 2 different oil relief valves, including one that had been in a 40 lb
pressure motor.

I'm blamin' Paul A.

Wm. Severin Thompson

wsthompson@thicko.com