RE: Lug nut material?

To: Bill Dalton <bill@daltonstudios.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>, team-thicko@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Lug nut material?
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2006 18:59:32 -0800 (PST)
Good thought - I do have access to a Rockwell hardness
checker.  I could check stud hardness, then choose
material.  Being a Boss Mustang guy, try not to laugh
- these are Spridget 3/8 studs torqued to 40 ft-lbs (I
may go up to 7/16 finally). FYI - while I admit to run
a die over a wheel stud in a pinch, I think the
threads are rolled and really shouldn't be cut in any
way.  But then again, you big-bore guys use impact
wrenches to adjust your points, so you've got more
margin than we Spridget guys do.