RE: RE: Snow and driving which car

To: "Robert Duquette" <robertduquette@sympatico.ca>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: RE: Snow and driving which car
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 14:57:13 -0500
Like I said, people will have to learn how to drive in inclement weather.
In some cases, that will mean traveling a lot slower, due to road
conditions.  Snow plows, of course, will NOT be banned ;)
The potholes are exacerbated by the corrosive effects of salt, as well as by
freeze-thaw cycles.  If anything, lack of salt will decrease the tendency
for potholes to form.
Isn't it amazing how man survived, while driving on non-treated, snow and
ice covered roads, before the advent of all wheel drive, traction control,
and winter tires that actually worked?
But, I'm not going to "hold my breath", in anticipation of a ban on road
salt.  It'll probably never happen.  But, it sure would be fun if it did!
Bud Osbourne