Re: Door check strap

To: chuckc@ibm.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Door check strap
From: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 1998 03:43:52 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Chuck:

>That "appears" to be just a strap with a metal
>end attached by a single rivet. Is that correct?
>Do I just make up a new one, rivet on the old
>end piece, and stuff it into the slot in the door?

Sounds pretty much like what I did, although I did remove the door panel
and feed the other end of the strap through the slot.  You can buy
replacement straps from Moss, VB, etc, or you can probably have one made
by a competent shoe repair shop.  I simply went to the local Goodwill
thrift store, bought a heavy (one thick puppy, lemme tell ya) brown (to
match the interior) leather belt for a couple of bucks, cut off two
appropriately sized lengths (one for each side), riveted on the metal
pieces and slapped 'em in place.

Rich