Re: The first of many questions

Subject: Re: The first of many questions
From: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@compuserve.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 18:43:35 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hello again Jeff,

>All you had to do was ask. I can mail you a photocopy of the driver's
>manual for a '65 Sprite Mk3.

>Is your tach broken or completely gone? If broken, there are a handful of
>components that usually go first.

When I went for the safety, I had the garage check it out.  They say that
it is the tach itself that is not working.  (My experience with them does
not inspire confidence that this is so.)  I'm going to pick up a windshield
pump tomorrow at a different supplier and they say they may have a used
tach there.  (They also said they had used washer pumps there, but none of
them worked.)

>Airflow is normally closed (for me).

Then, is the cable connected to the top or the bottom of the pipe to the
heater.  Maybe my pipe is upside down.

>I run 92 or 93. I guess you can run whatever octane you want, just adjust
>the timing accordingly.

Thanks.  I'm getting run-on, so I guess that means I should go up?  I'm on
my first $8.40 (Canadian) worth of gas so I'm not quite sure what's in
there.

>Lighted switches? In a '65? I'm confused.

Me too.  They don't seem to do anything but light up (one of them anyway).
Maybe it's supposed to be a map light?  I have a diagram of a Midget Mark
II dash and they are not on it.

>Send me your mailing address and I'll send a photocopied owner's manual.

My mailing address is:
Robert Duquette
537 Blair Street
Ottawa, Ontario