Re: The first of many questions

To: Robert Duquette <RobertDuquette@compuserve.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: The first of many questions
From: "Editors, Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 1998 09:17:26 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Robert,

All you had to do was ask. I can mail you a photocopy of the driver's
manual for a '65 Sprite Mk3.

Is your tach broken or completely gone? If broken, there are a handful of
components that usually go first. Go to

http://www.corpdemo.com/tiger/techtips/motach.html

for more details. Not that mine is working right now...

Airflow is normally closed (for me).

I run 92 or 93. I guess you can run whatever octane you want, just adjust
the timing accordingly.

Lighted switches? In a '65? I'm confused.

Send me your mailing address and I'll send a photocopied owner's manual.

Jeff

At 6:12 AM -0500 7/17/98, Robert Duquette wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've been listening in for about 2 weeks.  I just bought a '65 BRG (and
> rust coloured)
> (yes, I'm Canadian) RHD wire wheeled Sprite with 63,800 miles on it.  It's
> safetied
> and plated now, but there are things that  I need and/or want.  A tach is
> one.  A clutch
> is on order.  King pins and dampers are in the plans.  I'm piecing together
> information
> that I'm getting all over the place, trying to figure out what's what.
> Like, for example,
> is the airflow normally open?  (heater switch)  What octane should this be
> running?
> What are those lighted switches at either ends of the dash for, other than
> to confuse me?
> I sure wish I had an owner's manual.
>
> I note that there are some MGA owners on the list also.  I'd like one of
> those.  Any advice
> on what I should be looking for?  I'd kind of like a '57 for no other
> reason than that's my
> year of birth.  I had a 1976 B (Bea) back in '78.  Parts from the
> dealership weren't such
> high quality then, I'm wondering what to expect now!  When I got the 1986
> Moss catalogue
> with delivery of the car, I was ecstatic.
>

> Robert Duquette
> HAN8/45200 (Fay) (AKA 'the little green car' to the kids)

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision
http://www.molvis.org/molvis
Mailto:jboatri@emory.edu