Re: Pressure Failure Switch

To: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>, "ncannon" <ncannon@cvn.net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Pressure Failure Switch
From: "Tom Zuchowski" <tzuchow@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 1998 07:19:08 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Moss sells a rebuild kit for the assembly as well as the switch itself.
They carry the same description, but the cheap one is the kit (o-rings and
seals) and the expensive one is the switch. They appear to be real Lockheed
parts. I have the same problem (currently solved with a pipe plug in the
switch hole). I just have to get up the nerve to tear it down and then
bleed the brakes again.

Tom Zuchowski
'61 Bugeye
Clemmons, NC

----------
> From: Steve Byers <byers@cconnect.net>
> To: ncannon <ncannon@cvn.net>; spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
> Subject: Re: Pressure Failure Switch
> Date: Saturday, July 11, 1998 10:32 AM
>
> I don't believe the switches themselves are sealed against leakage.  I
had
> a fluid leak from the switch after reinstalling it following a
restoration
> of my '73 Midget, so I replaced it with a new switch.  It leaked, too.
The
> problem is really the o-rings on the shuttle valve inside the assembly.
If