Re: HELP: strange brake behavior

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, jimrowan@uic.edu
Subject: Re: HELP: strange brake behavior
From: "Peter Samaroo" <mrbugeye@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 1998 11:03:35 PDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
This would cause a problem due to every time you depress the brakes or
clutch the fluid is pumped to the slave cylinders causing a vacuum in
the MC which probably managed to suck some air in from the atmosphere
then when you release the pedal the air was unable to get back out
causing the MC to pressurize just like a bicycle pump. This is how your
fluid eventually gets contaminated with water vapour as well, every time
you use the brakes or clutch a small amount of air is pulled in and
expelled and the moisture absorbed by the Brake fluid. Most american
cars have a rubber diaphram under the cover to prevent this, even back
in the sixties.
Just my opinion.
Peter.