Re: Resale

To: VaN8v@aol.com
Subject: Re: Resale
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 10:56:50 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sondra,
you are correct, 67 Sprites usually don't go for more than $4000-5000 even
in great condition.  You will have much more in yours if you fix it up
really well.  But you will have much more fun if you don't make this about
resale, you said yourself, money is not the issue.
Also, a fairer calculation might include depreciation of a new/used car.
How much does it depreciate?  $1000/year?  That means if you invest 8k
into your Sprite and keep it for 6 years, you can sell it for 2k :-)

Ulix

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998 VaN8v@aol.com wrote:

> Ok, I'm new to all of this, so thought some of you diehards could answer a
> question:
>
> I've been told by some that the later Sprites (like my '67) aren't as
> "collectible" as Austin Healeys (like the Bugeyes and others), and that for
> this reason, I shouldn't overdo the restoration.  Of course, we're having fun
> doing it so they money isn't so much the issue,  but I really would like,
> eventually, to put my time and money into something I might see it back out of
> (would love to do a 3000, but the garage is getting crowded!).
>
> Any ideas, Spridgeteers?
>
> Sondra Sondregger
> 1967 Austin Healey Sprite

                                                           '67 Sprite