Re: Third Brake Lights

To: Steve Byers <byers@cconnect.net>
Subject: Re: Third Brake Lights
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 05 Jul 1998 00:37:33 -0400
Cc: Scott Johnston <sjonston@dreamscape.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Steve Byers wrote:
> I've been wondering when some safety guru will decide that if a third brake
> light is safer, then it would be a really neat idea to force everybody to
> have a fourth or fifth.

  Well, I hate to interrupt a good "baseless attack on authority",
but the third brake like DOES have a point.

  Because of where it is located, you can see THROUGH the glass
in the car in front of you to see the car in front of him
braking.

  It's simply an advance warning that the guy in front of
you is going to be braking soon because the guy in front
of HIM is braking now.

  It also means that if the guy in front if you is snoozing
and is going to rear end the guy in front of him, you don't
have to follow and turn it into a pileup.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/