Third Brake Lights

To: "Scott Johnston" <sjonston@dreamscape.com>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Third Brake Lights
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 12:59:28 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
 Or I guess I could always mount a third brake light on a 4 foot pole off
> the bumper.   That should put it right about SUV eye level.......

If the SUV driver is paying attention to the road, he should see your
lights.  If he isn't,  it doesn't matter how many lights you have back
there.    My wife's Dodge Spirit has a third brake light.  Didn't
matter....some guy still caved in her rear bumper while she was stopped at
a light with her foot on the brake.

I saw a Big Healey once at a car show with a third brake light.   It would
have been funny if it hadn't been so ridiculous.
I've been wondering when some safety guru will decide that if a third brake
light is safer, then it would be a really neat idea to force everybody to
have a fourth or fifth.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"Truth is precious.  Use it sparingly"  -- Mark Twain