Re: Inferior Parts

To: "jmccraw" <mgman@ipa.net>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Inferior Parts
From: "Patton Dickson" <kpdii@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 1998 21:01:53 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Jim,

First I really do want to say welcome to the list, it's good to have you.

Second, this is not the usual pace and topics of conversation around here,
but it is one that has been brewing awhile.  One of the advantages about
this  kind of list is when one person has repeatedly had a problem with
parts from a supplier, it can be found out if he is unlucky, or is it a part
of a pattern.  I think that a pattern has been established, and people are
speaking out.

As to the country bashing, I think that some people are being over
sensitive, we all know that oriental workmanship can be as good as the stuff
being put out by our automakers.  But the very reason these parts are being
made over there is that it is easier to find cheap labor that will skimp on
quality control.  It's an economic issue comparing the quality of parts made
in technologically advanced nations, and emerging 3rd world nations.

Patton

BTW, Although I agreed with most everything in Frank's original post, I
disagree with Frank about Miata's.   I don't want one, but everyone I know
who has one loves the car, and has had very little trouble over the years.