Inferior Parts

To: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Inferior Parts
From: jmccraw <mgman@ipa.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 98 19:05:56 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
-- [ From: jmccraw * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

Gentlemen,
I have only been on the Spridget list two days. I hope my observation of
company/country bashing over the question of inferior auto parts doesnt
continue. I am inclined to agree, in most repects. But , would rather see a
more positive side to the hobby represented here. I used to work at British
Leyland dealership in the late 70's. The same problems being mentioned here
with poor parts quality at that time was also apparent in the Spridgets that
we all now love! Poor fit, alignment,rust etc was VERY evident even on the
cars just arriving from the factory! I couldnt count the number of times I
have seen a BRAND new Midget back in the shop for replacement of new UK
parts also. Remember the autos we love were not expensive even when new and
so were many of the original BL amd BMC parts. They tended to do many of the
same problems that are now being mentioned!  I hope the list gets back onto
the subject of how we can all help each other with problems and ideas for
our cars. I am not bashing anyone, and do agree with what is generally said
about the subject. Enough said, I wont comment further. Thanks for your time
Jim
--
Jim McCraw