Suspension Bushings

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Suspension Bushings
From: Philip Hubbard <phubbard@carroll.com>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 20:30:10 -0400
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Ok, so now we all know I have to replace bushings in front and rear
suspension.  I was going to buy the polyeurythane upgrades to the regular
rubber ones, but maybe I should wait.  I may be buying different springs
front and back to lower the supspension a bit for better handling.  If I do
that within 6 months to a year will I have to replace the rubber parts?  Is
this lowering worth it in the list's opinion?

And lastly a question on removing the front coils.  I planned on using the
Hayne's manual's method of long bolts and nuts.  Then I saw a tool in the
VB catalog for compressing the springs.  Anyone used it?  Is using the bolt
method really all that much more difficult?

Thanks,

Philip
Burgundy 1974 Midget