Re: [Spits] Some 1500 questions

To: "'Jeff Scarbrough'" <fishplate@charter.net>,
Subject: Re: [Spits] Some 1500 questions
From: "Joe Curry" <spitlist@cox.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 09:26:17 -0700
If you used mid-grade or Regular unleaded and did not get any pinging, then
you are throwing your money away using the Premium grade.  The difference in
the fuels is the octane rating and the only thing that octane does is
increase the temperature at which the fuel ignites.  If your engine does not
show signs of pre-ignition using regular fuel, then you are not gaining
anything by using higher octane fuels.

Joe