Re: [Spits] Fuel line

To: Bill Gingerich <bill@gingerich.us>, Spitfire list
Subject: Re: [Spits] Fuel line
From: Doug Braun <doug@dougbraun.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2007 21:25:38 -0700 (PDT)
I can't say if generic line would work (probably it
would), but be sure to inspect all the other plumbing
around the tank.  There are quite a few rubber and
plastic hoses that could need attention.

Remember that the gas tank is fairly high up, so if
the fuel line breaks below the tank, the entire
contents of the gas tank will pour out onto the garage
floor!
That little bit of rubber hose that goes from the
metal line up into the trunk should be carefully
inspected.

BTW, don't use copper tubing!  The nickel-copper alloy
that some British parts houses sell is OK, but I would
prefer steel, even if I had to buy more tools to
properly bend it.

Doug